What wider reading can be completed to support the curriculum?
The following texts may be of interest:
- The Man in the High Castle - Philip K Dick
- Hitler - Ian Kershaw
- The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
- Every Man Dies Alone - Hans Fallada
- Bernard Cornwell novels
- War Horse - Michael Morpurgo
- Private Peaceful - Michael Morpurgo
- Day of the Assassins - Johnny O'Brien
- Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
What websites could students visit to support the curriculum?
Certain television programmes can be useful:
- Use Channel 4 On Demand and BBC iPlayer to find historical documentaries.
- The History Channel
- Watch programmes on Yesterday
- The Last Kingdom (15)
- 1066: A Year to Conquer England.
- Ancient Warriors - The Normans & The Vikings
- Watch documentaries on the topics we are studying and other areas of history, e.g. David Starkey's Days that Shook the World series
- MrGreen1066 on YouTube
Watching films such as:
- Schindler's List
- Swing Kids
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Hitler: The Rise of Evil
- Band of Brothers (15)
- The Diary of Anne Frank