- Academy Welcome
- Academy Alumni
- Alumni interaction
- Academy Audited Accounts
- Academy Day
- Catch Up 7 - Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Facilities Hire
- Promoting British Values at The Weston Road Academy
- Pupil Premium
- Results and Performance Data
- Teacher Training
Welcome to The Weston Road Academy. We are extremely proud of our academy and new pupils, staff and visitors are always struck by the friendly, positive and hard-working atmosphere.
Our ethos is built on traditional values such as respect, hard work, high expectations, community and pride in our appearance. We work together to instil an enjoyment in learning and strive to support each child. We work hard to develop their confidence and skills to be the best they can be and to reach their full potential. This is supported by our vision to be an outstanding academy, at the heart of the community, enabling our pupils to deliver the extraordinary across all areas of the curriculum and beyond.
We are not just an academy recognised by Ofsted as Good, we are also welcoming and caring, with the staff, ideas and a drive to continually improve. Our pupils leave us well qualified and proud of their achievements. We guide them to be mature, highly skilled and successful learners equipped for the fast paced modern society they will eventually join.
Since opening in 1979, Weston Road High School has continued to deliver an excellent education to pupils of all backgrounds and abilities, valuing the well-being of each pupil. Serving the community of East Stafford and nearby villages, our academy, is an ideal size – not so big that it is impersonal but large enough to offer a wide variety of courses and extra-curricular opportunities.
We invite you to visit us to experience the inspiring atmosphere and vibrancy of the academy, and find out why so many parents choose Weston Road for their child’s secondary education.
Mrs A Kingman, Headteacher
Motto: Aspiring and Believing to Achieve the Extraordinary
Mission Statement: A centre of educational excellence, respected and trusted by our community to deliver outstanding education for our pupils
Vision: To be an outstanding Academy, at the heart of the community, enabling our pupils to deliver the extraordinary across all areas of the curriculum and beyond
- To collaborate with our community, making a difference to the life chances of every pupil, breaking down barriers to learning, building self-belief, and developing aspirations, therefore, enabling every child to achieve the extraordinary
- To enable staff to achieve their best; passionate about teaching, rewarded for delivery of our priorities and supported by effective leaders
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires and encourages delivery of the extraordinary
- To create a truly inclusive Academy where adults build positive relationships with children and where every child feels safe, happy, confident, challenged and supported to achieve the remarkable
- To develop partnerships with parents, businesses, and our local community in order that Weston Road continues to be a centre of excellence that is trusted and valued by its stakeholders and beyond
- To enable all pupils to achieve the extraordinary through provision of a world class environment, underpinned by financial sustainability and inspired staff
- To enable pupils to make the right choices by equipping them with the life skills, guidance and advice empowering them to be the creators of a rewarding and successful future within their local community, modern Britain and the wider world.
We will deliver our vision through our Core Values ensuring extraordinary outcomes for all:
Mrs A Kingman, Headteacher